Major Issues - don't even know where to start

Yes, I've been testing every 2 hours except for when I'm sleeping or away from home and I'm not away much. I really should have taken pictures just to show the massive turnaround. It seems almost miraculous already compared to what it was. The color has changed again overnight from that slate, gray color to a very cloudy blue color. And....I can now see past the first step into the pool! That's a huge improvement already. I'm up to 30 gallons of chlorine that I've had to add. Slow and steady wins the race!

I'll be cleaning out my filters again this afternoon when the sun calms down a bit and of course, brushing the whole pool again. At this rate, I'll be doing the backstroke by next weekend.
Awesome! Great work!

Well, I'm still at it. 56 gallons of liquid chlorine has been added. Seems like the FC loss between my 2-3 hour intervals of checking is decreasing. Water is blue, but not clear. I can see down about 2 feet pretty clear and everything else is pretty hazy farther down than that. I continue to brush daily, twice a day in some areas, and I'm running my dolphin 3-4 times a day. Main filter cartridges are getting cleaned out every other day. I'm hopeful that we're getting close to being finished.

15 full days and 77 gallons of chlorine later.....my pool is crystal clear and looks like the day I bought it! This has been amazing to watch and learn during this process. I'm honestly blown away that I was able to do all of this on my own with really minimal effort. Yes, I was diligent in checking FC levels and adding every 2 hours, I brushed very often, and even cleaned out filters a handful of times....but this seems minimal to me considering I was thinking I would have to either hire a pro to come in or take some other drastic actions. I'm beyond thankful for the guidance and support that I received here through my process. My family thinks I worked a miracle. I really should have taken before pictures! Anyways, thanks everyone for you input, feedback, and advice.

Anyways, thanks everyone for you input, feedback, and advice.
You did a great job!
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

15 full days and 77 gallons of chlorine later.....my pool is crystal clear and looks like the day I bought it! This has been amazing to watch and learn during this process. I'm honestly blown away that I was able to do all of this on my own with really minimal effort. Yes, I was diligent in checking FC levels and adding every 2 hours, I brushed very often, and even cleaned out filters a handful of times....but this seems minimal to me considering I was thinking I would have to either hire a pro to come in or take some other drastic actions. I'm beyond thankful for the guidance and support that I received here through my process. My family thinks I worked a miracle. I really should have taken before pictures! Anyways, thanks everyone for you input, feedback, and advice.
You can always post an after photo!

Another way to help, besides donating, is to encourage the other folks who are struggling to SLAM. You are a success story!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.