pH 7.8
TA 80
CYA 60
CH 350
Salt 3200
Temp 81
CSI 0.02
Taylor K-2006 Complete
So from the chart I think I want my FC around 7? I've gotten it as high as 5.5. I've cleaned my IC40 and it looks good. Everything I've stated here is running my SWG at full, (5 solid green lights) in full sun 10 hrs a day.
Am I missing something here? The IC40 is aprox 5 yrs old.
Just looking for opinions.
Thanks,
JediSparky

Running the IC40 at 100% for 10 hours a day in your 21,000 gallon pool will generate 3.3 ppm of FC. That is the average FC consumption and will not raise your FC

Running at 100% for 15 hours a day will generate 5 ppm and raise your FC by 1-2 ppm a day.

Note that you should not acid clean the cell when it does not need it. The acid will remove the rare earths on the plate and reduce the life of the cell.

4 ppm FC is ok for CYA 60 with a SWG. A FC of 6-7 will give you a bit more edge against algae.

You can also add 3 ppm of liquid chlorine and leave your SWG and pump run time as is.

There is nothing wrong with your IC40.

Reactions: Jedisparky
Jed,

Your cell, in your pool, will generate about 8 ppm of FC when run at 100% for 24 hours. That is .33 ppm of FC per hour.. Or 3.3 ppm of FC in 10 hours.

Most pools use between 2 to 4 ppm per day..

As a test, I'd use Liquid Chlorine and increase your FC to 7 or so and the see if the cell can maintain it.

I'd increase your CYA to 70 or 80 and see of that does not solve your problem.

It could also be that you have some algae starting that has yet to turn your pool green.. I'd run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test, just to make sure everything is ok.. Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Thanks,

Jim R.

I'd increase your CYA to 70 or 80 and see of that does not solve your problem.

It could also be that you have some algae starting that has yet to turn your pool green.. I'd run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test, just to make sure everything is ok.. Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Don't increase your CYA level until AFTER you confirm you don't have an algae problem with the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

If you do have algae then lower CYA will require less chlorine during the SLAM Process

All great suggestions as usual. Thank you all. I will start with the overnight chlorine loss test.

Jedisparky

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.