Main drain to put Pool Cover on Missing Screws

poolservice123

In The Industry
Feb 28, 2018
Orange, CA
I have a pool where the hole for the main drain does not have an area for screws to latch on to (that I can see anyway). I am getting an underwater camera that I attach to the pool pole to get a better look so I can update this post. Assuming this is true, I was told the only way to fix this might be to use Leakmaster Quickset Putty or something like this and put '1' dot or so where each screw would be to hold it in place. This way when the pool gets replastered at some point it can be fixed properely and easily taken out.

Is this a good solution?

I have a pool where the hole for the main drain does not have an area for screws to latch on to (that I can see anyway). I am getting an underwater camera that I attach to the pool pole to get a better look so I can update this post. Assuming this is true, I was told the only way to fix this might be to use Leakmaster Quickset Putty or something like this and put '1' dot or so where each screw would be to hold it in place. This way when the pool gets replastered at some point it can be fixed properely and easily taken out.

Is this a good solution?

::UPDATE::

So I got a camera and it looks like I was right the screws are stuck in the ring around the outside. I'll try attaching a picture when I can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.