magna latch series 2 stuck closed

Aug 19, 2017
northern virginia
seems that when pulling up on my magna latch top pull it will not pull up the magnet, like something came loose.
gate is stuck closed. i know it's not the key because we've never locked with the key and I've attempted to lock/unlock with the key.
is there a way to open and fix internals?

Bumping this thread as I experienced the same problem today. Have had the latches for a few years and locked them for the first time the other day due to son being able to unlatch the gates himself. Went to do some testing today and low and behold, the locks won't unlock.

I reached out to the manufacturer and they are sending out new locks. Below are the directions I received from the manufacturer to temporarily open the latch, they have very good CS.

In order to get the gate open and temporarily unlock the latch, please follow these steps:

1) You will need a flat head screw driver, pen, and the key
2) Turn the key towards the unlocked position as far as it will go and leave it there.
3) Using the flat head screw driver, pry off the transparent cover that goes over the red circle
4) Push the red circle in with a pen while simultaneously lifting the knob
5) The latch should now be temporarily unlocked.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.