East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I am unable to establish and hold wifi connection this year. The app tries to connect and gets to somewhere between 50 and 75% connected, then gives me a failed to connect page. I can see on my router's client page that the dolphin connects and disconnects frequently, even when I am not trying to connect it, but it never stay connected for as much as 10 minutes.

Any ideas what I can do about it? I have tried connecting to two different WiFi routers/networks and each give me the same issue. Signal is strong and I have 2.4 gHz separated from 5 gHz so there should;ld be no confusion. Bluetooth connectivity is fine. This is purely a WiFi issue. I am attaching a screenshot of the WiFi log from my router. The connect time for the Dolphin never gets over a few minutes. It will flash off , then start the connect time from 00:00:00 again. As you can see, my other unit has been connected for over 500 hours. So the problem seems unique to the Dolphin.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 10.20.05 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 10.20.05 AM.png
    283.1 KB · Views: 9
Has someone around you setup a WiFi on the same channel as your setup?

Try changing the channels.

Use a WiFi sniffer to see the other WiFi system around you and the channel interference.

I am pretty isolated in the woods. I highly doubt competing wifi would come from anyone else, but I do have some WiFi issues from competition within my own networks. The cable company installed its own router/network which I dont use but is needed for its STB boxes. Having said that, my pool is far enough away from the house I dont think its an issue.

What I have noticed is that unplugging and then repowering the robot solves the problem for some period of time, until it happens again. I posted on Thursday and I have had good WiFi connection to the dolphin since then. It may just be that I must recycle power to the robot periodically. I had this issue last year as well, now that I think about it, although I didn't realize Bluetooth connectivity was not affected.

Update: Maintained good WiFi connection Thursday-Tuesday. Today when I first looked, WiFi was reseting every 30 seconds or so again. Unplugging and repowering the Dolphin restored connections.

One more update. My network connection has been maintained for over a week straight now. I made one adjustment and turned off my nightly router reset. It seems that the DHCP connection gets messed up when it loses connection to the router and does not reestablish it until the dolphin itself has its power cycled.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.