M400 Questions

Apr 29, 2015
Wheatfield, IN
Couple quick M400 questions

1. Can't find anywhere in the literature what the different handle positions do? It says that they determine water line speed but I am slightly confused because I thought you set cleaning duration from the control panel?

2. I have a set of mesh filters and also a set of pleated filters? Can I run one compartment with mesh for rough filtering and one compartment with pleated for fine filtering? If so is one the primary and one the secondary compartments ?

thanks guys - excited to see this thing work

I don't have that specific model, but a couple of similar ones...

The handle position sets up how "tilted" the unit is when it comes up to the surface of the water... the more it is tilted the more, or faster, it will move along the tile line. I run mine full tilt all the time. I change from full one direction to full the other direction each time I clean the filters... This helps keep the cable from turning into a ball of yarn... :p

I don't believe it makes sense to run two different filters... the water will follow the easiest path... For the cleaner in my pool, I always use the pleated filters, as I don't get many large debris in my pool..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I would suspect so... None of mine have that option and I would be way to lazy to use it anyway... :p

I just drag it over to the side of the pool with the cable.. Now you never what to try to pull the cleaner out of the pool with the cord, but while in the water, it is almost weight free, so gently moving it by pulling on the cable is not an issue.

Thanks,

Jim R.

You might ask here... Dolphin Supreme M Series Owner’s Club

If you are looking for a feature like the Polaris robots have, I don't believe that any Maytronics cleaner has that particular feature. You could probably do that with the phone app if your Dolphin supported the phone app. I usually pull it also like Jim R said.

I have an M400. For what it's worth, I agree the instructions seem to be no existent.

1. Handle settings are explained above, they just determine how quickly or slowly the robot moves left or right when it reaches the surface while cleaning the waterline.

2.You are supposed to use the pleated filters or the mesh ones, not both at the same time. I think the pleated ones are the fine filters, but I'm not sure because there are no manuals that come with this $1000 electronic device that tell me.

- - - Updated - - -

Does your M400 have bluetooth? Mine does and you can install an app that allows you to drive it with your phone. The app is terrible, the lag between when you send a command and the robot responds is too long to be useful. Just pull it in carefully by the cord until it gets to the surface to where you can grab the handle.

I know it probably doesn't sound like it, but I love my M400. The lack of instructions and crappy app don't really affect how it performs. It's made a world of a difference in the time I spend cleaning the pool. Easy to use, easy to clean.

I have an M400. For what it's worth, I agree the instructions seem to be no existent.

1. Handle settings are explained above, they just determine how quickly or slowly the robot moves left or right when it reaches the surface while cleaning the waterline.

2.You are supposed to use the pleated filters or the mesh ones, not both at the same time. I think the pleated ones are the fine filters, but I'm not sure because there are no manuals that come with this $1000 electronic device that tell me.

- - - Updated - - -

Does your M400 have bluetooth? Mine does and you can install an app that allows you to drive it with your phone. The app is terrible, the lag between when you send a command and the robot responds is too long to be useful. Just pull it in carefully by the cord until it gets to the surface to where you can grab the handle.

I know it probably doesn't sound like it, but I love my M400. The lack of instructions and crappy app don't really affect how it performs. It's made a world of a difference in the time I spend cleaning the pool. Easy to use, easy to clean.

I've used it for a week now and impressed with the sand/silt it picks up even though the pool looks sparkly clean and we don't have a DE sand filter (its cartridge). I was using both filters but I guess I'll switch all to the pleated one. I think the clean filter alert is just based on number of times its run rather than actual amount of debris in the filter as it seems to come on after every 2 cycles even though the filters are not that full of dirt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.