LX3400 temp issues

Aug 19, 2013
Mansfield, Texas
I have an LX3400 power center and the temps are way off. My external temp is reading 135 degrees and my water temp is reading 95. I have attempted to calibrate but they will not go any lower than that.
I have cleaned the circuit board a few time with 90% alcohol and that typically fixes the issue for a few months. Now I am to the point I have to clean them every month.
I have two questions.
1 is there a solution that does not involve replacing the power center or cleaning the circuit boards every month?

2 is the a near direct replacement that would not require me pulling new wires from inside the house or to the spa controls?

You should have 10K temperature sensors for your air and water. This wiki explains how to test the temperature sensors using a multimeter - Temperature Sensors - Further Reading

Pentair has a Compool to EasyTouch upgrade kit....

finally got a chance to go look at that upgrade. I had looked at these before. It does not list the Lx3400 as comparable. However, I just noticed the Lx3400 is the controller for the Cp3400 which is compatible. I will probably be ordering one of them now. Hopefully it is a straight forward swap.

Annnnd.....After a little more reading I have decided not to upgrade it. There are no clear directions anywhere to tell you what you have to do to make it work. Lots of talk about having to run new wires and replacing the indoor control panel. That is another $350 and I ain’t ready to figure out how hard or easy it is to pull new wire through whatever mess the old wire runs through.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.