Luck with Solar Cover Warranty Claim?

Rich807

Bronze Supporter
Jun 21, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
Purchased a standard blue bubble solar blanket from nearby Leslies last summer & I can already tell it’s likely not going to make it much beyond the 1-yr point. The cover was off all winter (on a reel) but just 1 partial summer took a toll on it. The sun is brutal in my AO. Supposed to have a 3-yr warranty but I have my doubts if they honor them.

When I am not using our solar cover I roll it up and store in the garage. It is on its 3rd year. So far no deterioration.

I use the cover from April 1 to June 1 and Sept 1 to Nov 1.

Reactions: Rich807
Interesting. Would think UV would be what’s killing it
Mine would boil itself on the reel. It would roll up wet of course and that water would literally steam inside all the layers. I had the thickest cover so the tarp part was extra sturdy, but the bubbles are the same flimsy thickness on all of them. Not much more than glorified seran wrap really.

My cover never ripped or tore so the extra thickness definitely won there, albeit with more struggle everytime being so heavy and a PITA. But the bubbles eventually failed and left me with a bazillion little circles to filter.

Reactions: cowboycasey
I went through this with a cheap cover I purchased at Home Depot that started failing after only about 8 or 9 months. I think I paid like $60 for the cover and when I called the company for a warranty replacement they asked for a few pictures of the damage and a copy of the receipt and they agreed to replace it, but they also charged about $30 for shipping for the new unit, so it wasn’t really a free replacement. Typically the warranties are prorated after the first year, so if you are still under a year you’ll want to make your warranty claim now or you’ll wind up paying even more for the warranty replacement.

We bought one from PoolSupplies.com that they did apply warranty to when it failed. We opted for a clear version in the thickest possible and this thing is crazy good - but as mentioned, you need to cover these when rolled up and off to the side if it's going to be in the sun the majority of the day or more.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.