Lowering Water Level (no 3 way valve)

ryanho87

May 5, 2020
San Bruno, CA
My skimmer isn't working effectively and I think my water level is too high. I'd like to lower my water level by an inch or 2, but my filter doesn't have a 3 way valve feeding into the filter like I've seen in many videos on how to do this.

I have a valve exiting from my heater which might be a waste valve, however I can't be sure as nothing is labeled, and the pipes go into the ground.

Water flow in my system looks like this:

Skimmer + Hot tub -> Valve -> Pump -> Heater -> Valve (two outlets that go into concrete so I'm not sure where they go)

Anyone have any thoughts on how this might work? I can provide more pics if needed.

IMG_0493.jpeg
IMG_0494.jpeg

I'm like you with no multiport valve. My cart filter does have a small spigot at the bottom, maybe your does not. Not sure about your heater drain valve or is it's efficient to use. If not, you might have to just let a garden hose siphon it slowly or use a small sump pump to get the water out.

I have a similar setup, I use the cartridge filter air bleed valve to pump water out. Pentair filters have a high volume valve and (on mine at least) a hose attachment spigot.
- Attach hose
- Fully open valve
- Run pool pump.

You can pump out water and drain level quite quickly. Someone might want to chime in and tell me if this is a bad idea for some reason.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.