Lowering TA below Fill Water TA

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure how that works, but I can share what my pool did. I have TA200+ fill water. I battled the original fill down to about TA70 and that's where it lives now, even though I'm still topping off the pool with high-TA water. So someone else will have to explain the chemistry. My pool needs regular MA doses to maintain pH. I suspect the MA is both maintaining pH and keeping the incoming TA at bay. Something like that. I don't have to do anything else now to keep TA at 70.

How stable is your PH? TA of 130 is ok if your PH does not rise too quickly. Manage your PH and see what where your TA ends up.

My fill water pH=7.4 TA=130.

That TA seems a bit high, especially if I want to add boric acid.

I could add MA & aerate for a few weeks but I wonder if its just a losing battle since fill water is itself 130.

Thanks for any insight.

Adding acid consumes (lowers) your TA.

Add acid periodically as your pH rises, and your TA will reduce over time.

In my opinion aeration is unnecessary much of the time, since pH rises on its own anyway. It’s one piece of TFP advice I don’t quite agree with.

Aeration speed it up. If no reason to speed up the TA reduction, then just manage pH.

I speed up the TA reduction due to CSI.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.