Lowering CYA?

Feb 2, 2018
Montgomery TX
I have a 19000 finite pool in montgomery County TX. Due to the use of Chlorine tabs my CYA is now 150. I’m afraid of drawing down down the pool so I was told to put a hose in the bottom of the shallow end and add tap water and let the pool water drain out the overflow 1.5”in drain. Will that work? I’m planning to add 13000 gal to the pool slowly as to not overflow the pool.
Help!

That's one way. It's not quite as efficient, but for those worried about a high water table and the potential for the shell to move or "pop-out", it's safe to do. See the link below for more info.

Hook,

Why are you afraid of draining your pool? What do you plan to do in the future, when your pool needs to be replastered?

When they built your pool was there a lot of ground water? If you dig a 4' deep posthole, does it fill with water?

If you do not have a very high water table, then your best bet is to drain most of the water from the pool and then immediately fill it back up.

Drain the water with a large pump that you can rent at Home Depot so it can be done quickly.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have a 19000 finite pool in montgomery County TX. Due to the use of Chlorine tabs my CYA is now 150. I’m afraid of drawing down down the pool so I was told to put a hose in the bottom of the shallow end and add tap water and let the pool water drain out the overflow 1.5”in drain. Will that work? I’m planning to add 13000 gal to the pool slowly as to not overflow the pool.
Help!
This stuff works. We don't drain if at all possible in drought stricken California.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.