Low Voltage fault

Sounds like it is not getting the signaling. Do you have Aqualink or is the controller on the pump? If the latter, check the connection between the controller and the pump.

I am not at all Jandy expert, but I really doubt that the "Low voltage fault" has anything to do with the voltage of the control cable. I suspect it has to do with the 240 VAC going to the pump. On most other pumps when you have this fault, you have to clear it, before the pump will move forward.

Logic says either you have low AC volts or you do not. If you have tested and know you have 240 volts, then I would suspect a drive failure.

How did you test for the 240 volts? Did you test between L1 and L2 and read 240 volts? Or did you test L1 to ground and get 120 volts, and then test L2 to ground and get 120 volts? You can not test to ground, when the pump is connected, and get a valid reading.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I tested both ways. I got 120 on each testing to ground and 240 on L1 & L2. A couple of times I heard a slight click a pause then another click that sounded like it was coming from the pump motor. I’m going to take it apart tomorrow and check capacitors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.