Low TA, I'm totally confused

CactusGirl

May 5, 2019
Phoenix
I just tested the pool for the first time in four days. Four days ago the TA was 80. I now have SEVERAL stains on the pebble-tec. Test results are as follows:
pH 7.5
FC 2.6
CC .5
TA 50
CYA 50
Borates 80

I know I need to raise the TA with baking soda (8# to get up to 70), which will raise my pH....then if I add muriatic acid to offset the raise in pH it's going to lower my TA. I'm so confused....
Yes I know my FC is low. But the pool is clear. It's the least of my concerns. There's tons of stains on the pebble-tec. I did have our palm trees cut today and a lot of the cuttings fell into the pool. These stains were NOT there on Saturday!!! And they're everywhere now!

TA of 50 is fine. Leave it alone.

What is the TA of your fill water? As you add fill water it will naturally raise your TA.

Raise your FC following the FC/CYA Levels and the CL will clear the organic stains.

Reactions: CactusGirl
TA is fine if your pH is fine, which it is.

Give TA time to come back naturally.

Focus on your FC.

Reactions: CactusGirl
Phoenix fill water will have a TA of 100 or more. If you are using Colorado River water, it will be close to 150 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.