Low levels of Combined Clorine - problem?

Jan 14, 2019
Baton Rouge La
I had been playing with my pump schedule times this past week to be more efficient and didn't realize the SWG only works during the main "Pool" schedule. :-/

My Chlorine level dropped to about 1.0 before I figured it out and adjusted the pool run times back. It's now raising back and currently at 2.0

I have never had CC before in my tests but the last 2 times I tested this week, it has been in the .2 range(never higher). Will this go away as my chlorine levels come back up to 3-4? Is this normal with use, or should I do something? The water looks clear.

Todays test
FC 2.0
CC .2
pH 8.0 - added some acid to bring it to 7.8
TA 70
CH 300
CYA 70
SALT 3510
Temp 87

Thank you in advance!

S,

Anything less than .5 is fine and nothing to worry about... :thumleft:

As a side note... I can't think of any reason to have the Pool mode shut off... :scratch: Seems to me if the main pump is running, you would want to be generating chlorine...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you Jim, that makes me feel better!

Yes, I understand. I was experimenting with the Heat Pump because it doesn't run efficiently early in the morning and works best at 65gpm. So that's why I was messing around with the "pool, pool high, pool low" settings. I learned something now. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.