Low CH, CYA and FC- where to start

0EF6EE16-E44D-4C68-BC3E-F47F264DFA4D.jpeg
Hi,
We clearly have neglected our pool and finally have time to get to it today. We brushed, vacuum, cleaned the debris as best as we could and tested the water. Just had my partner dump 2 gallons of liquid chlorine in to address the FC issue. Wondering what is the best approach to address the low CH/CYA. Should I SLAM first and then deal with the low CH/CYA after or do I dump the calcium in now while I already have the chlorine and pump running?

We always had an issue with the dusts from when we chopped off the big tree overlooking our pool and haven’t been able to get it crystal clear.

Thank you !

Your CYA is rounded up to 30 ppm, so that is fine to follow the SLAM Process

You need to source some calcium carbonate and add enough to get close to 250 ppm.
We have a bag of calcium chloride pellets. Is that the same as calcium carbonate?

Do I need to wait until after SLAM is done to throw it in? Or can we add it now?

Have you just opened the pool? Did you make sure to run your pump long enough before taking these tests? Without the pump running, rainwater can swim in a layer on top of the pool water and can give you false low readings. Make sure your readings are not just more or less from rain water before making adjustments.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.