Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi all..this is the first year where I am running into low CSI according to Poolmath.. Wondering if I should be concerned? Everything else seems balanced (or will be after today's adjustments)..We had a lot of rain this spring so I assume that's why CH is lower than it normally would be. I've already added calcium to being bring it up from 150 to 200, but it appears I would need to run close to 500 CH to close the CSI gap. That's probably $70 worth of calcium chloride in Canada. Am I missing something or should I just ignore it? FC will be corrected today,. I let it run a bit too low.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240507_223420.jpg
    Screenshot_20240507_223420.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 19
Your CSI is fine. Low CSI has no effect on a vinyl pool.

Is there risk to concrete and stone work outside the pool though, from splashout for example?
No.

Low CSI is a plaster issue that takes months to have an effect on plaster.

Reactions: Sdhb
No issue.
Rain has 0 CH and 0 TA. Wildly negative CSI. It rains on your coping and stones.

Hi all..this is the first year where I am running into low CSI according to Poolmath.. Wondering if I should be concerned? Everything else seems balanced (or will be after today's adjustments)..We had a lot of rain this spring so I assume that's why CH is lower than it normally would be. I've already added calcium to being bring it up from 150 to 200, but it appears I would need to run close to 500 CH to close the CSI gap. That's probably $70 worth of calcium chloride in Canada. Am I missing something or should I just ignore it? FC will be corrected today,. I let it run a bit too low.
Where did you get the 32ppm of borates?