Low Calcium Levels

Bfisher79

Mar 9, 2023
Oviedo, FL
We just had our WetEdge pebble finish pool/spa turned over to us by the builder and have been relying on their employees and a maintenance contractor to manage the water chemistry up until now. In all of the walkthroughs and stuff we've done with them, there wasn't ever a mention of calcium hardness needing to be checked or monitored. After going to our local store to get the water tested in advance of them starting to maintain it for us, they've noted that our calcium hardness is very low at 80ppm and need to add a pretty significant amount of hardness increaser to get things in the 200-400 range that it should be. My question I guess is how potentially damaging has this lack of hardness been to our finish and anything in particular that we need to be watching for? We filled mid-March so it's just about two months now that we've had water in it. We have a whole home water softener that I'm guessing has contributed to the lack of hardness, but it was never noted as an issue or thing to watch/measure before now by our builders. Hopefully it's being caught early enough on to mitigate any issues...

First, I would get a good test kit, and don't rely on the pool store testing. Test kits here...Link-->Test Kits Compared

Not much you can do about the last two months. You can avoid adding the wrong amount by getting a good test kit. Test first, then add what you need.

Do you have pool math? It will help you with additions once you get your test kit.
PoolMath

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.