DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Do all spa blowers sound like you're in a windtunnel? Seriously it sounds like an industrial ventilator or something. The pool has an old Polaris QT blower that probably dates back to the pool's install in 2006. The better half likes the bubbles, but hates the noise. I'm indifferent to the bubbles, but also hate the noise. The equipment pad is probably ~30 feet from the spa but it's INSANELY obnoxious. Is this just how they all are?

Pretty much. A newer model may be a bit quieter. Is there an air release under the blower to limit the air to the spa? Those can be quite noisy.

Thanks, Marty. No release, just the QT sitting on top of a pipe that appears to run right down into the ground.

Have you ever run the spa without the blower running? Ours works great with natural air flow.

Post a pic of your blower.

If you remove the plastic hat you will likely find that the foam inside has rotted. I think the foam provided some sounds deadening and replacing the foam may get it a bit quieter.

Reactions: mknauss
Oh yeah, we pretty much run it all the time with the blower off because we hate the noise. There is pretty decent flow, and some aeration/bubbles. Nothing like when the blower is on, though.

Thanks for the idea about the foam, Allen. I'll take a look at it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.