Lots of rain

dethnode

Apr 23, 2020
arkansas
My area forecast is saying that I can expect rain for the next 7 days straight pretty much 24/7, what do I need to do or buy to keep my pool balanced, I assume I will need to increase cya after it’s all done, in the meantime should I continue trying to keep my fc levels up by adding chlorine daily or just wait and see what it’s at when the downpour stops?

When I know we're going to get a lot of rain, I will sometimes proactively drain my pool down a couple of inches, just to make sure it doesn't get close to the top.

I'll also run my FC at a slightly higher level to combat anything that might get in there. Dose daily or every other day with liquid chlorine. Letting it go the whole week would be a mistake.

You won't be getting a lot of UV burn off with rainy weather, so unless you get a lot of organics in your pool, your FC consumption levels should be a little lower than usual.

Once you get through the bad weather, re-test everything, adjust your levels accordingly and keep on swimming!

Reactions: mknauss
When I know we're going to get a lot of rain, I will sometimes proactively drain my pool down a couple of inches, just to make sure it doesn't get close to the top.

I'll also run my FC at a slightly higher level to combat anything that might get in there. Dose daily or every other day with liquid chlorine. Letting it go the whole week would be a mistake.

You won't be getting a lot of UV burn off with rainy weather, so unless you get a lot of organics in your pool, your FC consumption levels should be a little lower than usual.

Once you get through the bad weather, re-test everything, adjust your levels accordingly and keep on swimming!

Thanks for the help

Reactions: DiverGirl1972
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.