Lots of rain

dethnode

Apr 23, 2020
arkansas
My area forecast is saying that I can expect rain for the next 7 days straight pretty much 24/7, what do I need to do or buy to keep my pool balanced, I assume I will need to increase cya after it’s all done, in the meantime should I continue trying to keep my fc levels up by adding chlorine daily or just wait and see what it’s at when the downpour stops?

DiverGirl1972

Gold Supporter
May 11, 2018
Delta, PA
When I know we're going to get a lot of rain, I will sometimes proactively drain my pool down a couple of inches, just to make sure it doesn't get close to the top.

I'll also run my FC at a slightly higher level to combat anything that might get in there. Dose daily or every other day with liquid chlorine. Letting it go the whole week would be a mistake.

You won't be getting a lot of UV burn off with rainy weather, so unless you get a lot of organics in your pool, your FC consumption levels should be a little lower than usual.

Once you get through the bad weather, re-test everything, adjust your levels accordingly and keep on swimming!

Reactions: mknauss

dethnode

Apr 23, 2020
arkansas
When I know we're going to get a lot of rain, I will sometimes proactively drain my pool down a couple of inches, just to make sure it doesn't get close to the top.

I'll also run my FC at a slightly higher level to combat anything that might get in there. Dose daily or every other day with liquid chlorine. Letting it go the whole week would be a mistake.

You won't be getting a lot of UV burn off with rainy weather, so unless you get a lot of organics in your pool, your FC consumption levels should be a little lower than usual.

Once you get through the bad weather, re-test everything, adjust your levels accordingly and keep on swimming!
Thanks for the help

Reactions: DiverGirl1972