looking for shade ideas for setting sun

SamsIam

Bronze Supporter
May 28, 2016
Arlington, TX
Our yard is aligned east/west and the ~5pm sun setting makes it a bit of a challenge when sitting outside. I am looking at mounting some kind of drop shade on the last rafter of my cover but not sure what I should look at. I was wanting to get something about 10'-15' wide that can lower 6-8'. Originally I kind of made an assumption of a Wicker type material but got to thinking the shade screen type may be better. Any thoughts are appreciated.

IMG_0392.jpg

Once upon a time when I was in that situation, I got some drop-down shades form Home Depot. They were made of something that looked like bamboo I think, and came in various widths and unrolled lengths. I hung them up and let them drop down when I was outside in the late evening. They weren't too expensive as I recall so they didn't break the bank, and if they ever got damaged I wasn't too upset. The main thing about drop shades like that was to make sure I didn't leave them down all day or night in the event a strong wind storm passed through. If I needed something more permanent that could handle the wind, then I opted for something like a lattice material (I like the composite stuff you can paint) or a screen fabric that comes pre-made or that I can frame.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.