Looking for recommendations for Pool & Spa control System

You have a single speed pump, no SWCG, a heater and a blower. Also you probably have at least 2 lights - 1 in spa and 1 in pool. So you could get a basic system, either Pentair or Jandy. I assume you manually turn the valves to switch between spa mode and pool mode. With an automation system, you would need to also get valve actuators that mount on the valves to automatically turn the valves. It would be my recommendation to get a system that gives you future capability, such as to control a Variable Speed pump which you may upgrade to in the future. Or even control a SWCG if you are considering that. Since you have Pentair, I would stay with Pentair Automation. Now how much automation do you want. Do you want control via your PC and phone app?

It is best to list out all the things you wish to control. For example
Turn on/off pump at set program times
Turn on/off cleaner
Switch between Spa and Pool mode.
Turn on/off blower
Turn on/off heater and set temp
Turn on/off spa light
Turn on/off pool light

Pentair makes several systems. The top of the line is IntelliCenter. Then you also have IntelliTouch or EasyTouch. With latter you also need to have software called ScreenLogic to use your PC. You could expect to spend from 1800 to 3000 depending on what you select, purchase of actuators, installation, etc.

You may want to post a picture of your current equipment pad from different angles and also of your existing timer.

There may be lesser systems out there, but above is the norm for an automation system.

Meant to include a link for Jandy below so you can see the different systems and the valve actuator.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.