Looking For Quality Robot Cleaner

Hello everyone. We are currently in the process of building a 427 sq. ft. IGP. It will be on the smaller side (14'x35') (3.5' to 4.5' to 5.5' depth). I see a lot of folks here give rave reviews for the Dolphin 300i. I know you get what you pay for but having a hard time grasping paying $1000+ for a robot! Does anyone have any recommendations for a "quality" cleaner for my size pool, say $700 and under? We need one with a swivel cord, climbs walls up to water line, climbs steps and cleans a 6" deep tanning ledge (I heard that they won't pull in enough water for this). And hopefully will last many seasons with proper preventative maintenance. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Your expectations for a cleaner to climb steps and clean a tanning ledge are not likely to be met. I'd lower them in that regard. A very good robot closer to that price level is the Dolphin S200, depending on active rebates and dealer pricing. Calling Marina Pool and Spa for pricing may be a good bet as many have purchased from them. Marina Pool & Spa

Reactions: xdiep23
Your expectations for a cleaner to climb steps and clean a tanning ledge are not likely to be met. I'd lower them in that regard. A very good robot closer to that price level is the Dolphin S200, depending on active rebates and dealer pricing. Calling Marina Pool and Spa for pricing may be a good bet as many have purchased from them. Marina Pool & Spa
Really? Maybe it's my ignorance, but I thought most of the "higher end" robots climb walls and steps (we will only have one step down). Or do you mean in my estimated price range I mentioned? Thanks for the reply.

Check out a video of an S200 in action on youtube and you'll get the idea. It works best with continuous surfaces. "Steps" can mean any number of configurations and most do not lend themselves to meticulous cleaning of steps. Sure they can climb up a step (assuming it's deep enough) but it's not like it knows "I'm on a step, I should make a 90-degree turn and follow its length." It moves like a zombie in search of brains, straight ahead until something blocks its bath and it needs to turn.

Check out a video of an S200 in action on youtube and you'll get the idea. It works best with continuous surfaces. "Steps" can mean any number of configurations and most do not lend themselves to meticulous cleaning of steps. Sure they can climb up a step (assuming it's deep enough) but it's not like it knows "I'm on a step, I should make a 90-degree turn and follow its length." It moves like a zombie in search of brains, straight ahead until something blocks its bath and it needs to turn.
Understood. Thanks!

Really? Maybe it's my ignorance, but I thought most of the "higher end" robots climb walls and steps (we will only have one step down). Or do you mean in my estimated price range I mentioned? Thanks for the reply.
If its a tile pool; no robot will climb. Just sits there for minutes to 5 minutes wasting its whole life ruining drive tracks and belts.

The Dolphin 300i you list is bluetooth capable and has a way to tweak the run times, but I'm not sure what else it does that much any differently than the S200?

Maytronics puts out a couple of robots that are S200s but painted in different colors depending on which of the dealer markets they're working with. All covered by Maytronics warranty and repaired by Maytronic folks. For example mine came from Doheny's, others have obtained good prices from Marina's.

Look around at this model if you want to save a few bucks and don't have to have bluetooth.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: xdiep23

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.