Looking for pool draining pump recommendations

Christiane

Silver Supporter
Jul 11, 2022
North Las Vegas Nevada
Hello,

I am in process of getting permission from North Las Vegas Utilities to dump our pool water into the street due to being on a septic tank. Because of our ‘handicaps’ of hard water, extreme heat and the aforementioned septic tank, we foresee that we may have to do that every few years, so we are looking to purchase a pool draining pump.

We appreciate any suggestions from the group!

Thank you,
Christiane

These 2 are comparable in price to the 1/3 hp submersible pumps with alot more oomph to them. I got the 1HP and it's working great so far. Currently using a 1 inch backwash hose that I had on hand. Will upgrade to 1.5 inch at some point for even better discharge

1HP pump

1.6 HP pump

Long term, you may want to consider installing a whole house water softener - and plumbing the pool autofill to use this softened water. Not only will this help keep your CH in check, it will also provide softened water to all indoor faucets.

These 2 are comparable in price to the 1/3 hp submersible pumps with alot more oomph to them. I got the 1HP and it's working great so far. Currently using a 1 inch backwash hose that I had on hand. Will upgrade to 1.5 inch at some point for even better discharge

1HP pump

1.6 HP pump
Thank for this information. I think I will get the 1 HP. May I also have a recommendation on the type of backwash hose?

May I also have a recommendation on the type of backwash hose?
This one is a clamp style. This one appears to have the right 1.5 inch threads

The pump outlet can do 1.5 inch, 1 inch, and 3/4 inch. I had to cut the 3/4 part off and will have to cut the 1 inch part off when I get a bigger hose.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.