Hi there! Welcome to TFP!

I'd probably wait until it's full. Are you on city or well water? Most city water already has SOME chlorine in it, and with no CYA, I'd think you should be fine until you get it filled up all the way.

The TFP method does not recommend or advocate the use of tablets except in very specific circumstances, as they cause long-term sanitation issues and headaches for you and your wallet. If you don't have a salt water chlorine generator, the recommended solution is liquid chlorine (pool stores will call this "liquid shock"), which you can find at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, or whatever home improvement store you have there.

You will also need a good test kit, which is imperative to having a safe and enjoyable pool. The ones recommended here are the Taylor K2006-C or the TF-100 and TF-Pro.

Reading through these articles will help get you started on the right foot:

Welcome to TFP.

Are you using it as a temporary pool or leaving it up year round? Temporary pools are a little more lenient. By the size I’m assuming you will leave it up.

Unless your pool filing is a multi-day project there is no need to add chlorine while filling. You should not leave more than a day without chlorine or algae will show up, specially if you are not in city water.

What equipment you have? Please Create Your Signature - Further Reading

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.