Looking for advice… new here

Elisha13

Jul 12, 2021
Saugus
Hi everyone, Im new here and we are in the process of building our pool. We live in sunny California and I am looking for some advice. i have to pick the pebble sheen and I am stuck between blue granite and blue surf. We Don’t have a deep pool it goes from 3.5 to 5.5 feet And our spa will overflow into our pool on the deep end. Any advice/tips pros and cons to either will greatly be appreciate. Our color scheme for the pool are gray and blue tiles for the spa. attached is a pic of our pool so far with the tile installed.

Attachments

• 6C9643BA-6756-4CB2-8D99-8D5A4A28D64F.jpeg
    6C9643BA-6756-4CB2-8D99-8D5A4A28D64F.jpeg
    714.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 14F89B0E-E2F4-41EC-AE26-5FCF561D5377.jpeg
    14F89B0E-E2F4-41EC-AE26-5FCF561D5377.jpeg
    605.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 51AF0135-40E3-49EA-A4C2-49A44E14C596.jpeg
    51AF0135-40E3-49EA-A4C2-49A44E14C596.jpeg
    533.8 KB · Views: 50
@Elisha13, I just built your sister pool, and had pebble sheen installed. My best advice (not knowing what final look you’re aiming for) is to keep in mind that white pebble Tec ends up looking bright blue when filled, and the darker/deeper you go >> it gets amplified darker when filled. Ours also has the same depth, coping, shape and spillover, and we went with white diamonds, for reference.

If I could do it again, I’d do something a hair ‘bluer’ than white diamonds, because any blemish is OBVIOUS on shallow steps or Baja steps. <mind the half-chewn backyard, we’re under construction in all the ways>81FF13FB-1067-4709-9E39-CC6949B45349.jpeg
7F25A71C-C98E-4B73-B0B4-9FB7D5288B7A.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Newdude
I’m not sure I understand, but thanks
You got here (joined at least) a few days ago and coincidentally built the sister pool to Elisha and had lots of real world, relevant experience to share. Thats amazing. :) keep up the great work!!

Reactions: teefony
@Elisha13, I just built your sister pool, and had pebble sheen installed. My best advice (not knowing what final look you’re aiming for) is to keep in mind that white pebble Tec ends up looking bright blue when filled, and the darker/deeper you go >> it gets amplified darker when filled. Ours also has the same depth, coping, shape and spillover, and we went with white diamonds, for reference.

If I could do it again, I’d do something a hair ‘bluer’ than white diamonds, because any blemish is OBVIOUS on shallow steps or Baja steps. <mind the half-chewn backyard, we’re under construction in all the ways>View attachment 354540
View attachment 354541
Thank you, that advice does help a lot. The blue granite pebble sheen seems to be darker then the blue surf but when in water the opposite seems to happens. That’s where I am stuck.

Attachments

• 62F5CFE5-4F39-4852-84A2-5064B66387DC.jpeg
    62F5CFE5-4F39-4852-84A2-5064B66387DC.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 6E18147A-EEB7-47C1-9493-9986AF63F9D8.jpeg
    6E18147A-EEB7-47C1-9493-9986AF63F9D8.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 9BB200D1-DF0F-488C-919C-6C26EFEBBDE0.jpeg
    9BB200D1-DF0F-488C-919C-6C26EFEBBDE0.jpeg
    266.4 KB · Views: 11

If I could do it again, I’d do something a hair ‘bluer’ than white diamonds, because any blemish is OBVIOUS on shallow steps or Baja steps. <mind the half-chewn backyard, we’re under construction in all the ways>View attachment 354540
View attachment 354541
That’s crazy how you even have the pavers going around the pool like we do!! 😍😍

Reactions: teefony and Newdude
While I’m still uncertain which look you prefer—I encourage you to choose the best shallow/deep color combo you desire. I wish I would’ve gone darker now that I see how ‘green’ our Baja step can look compared to the rest.
Other than the pebble tec, we love the shape and depth profile of our pool. We just wish our PB would finish it, already. <it has water, but barely any equipment at the moment—long story. It should be remedied by this weekend>

BEFORE THEY PLASTER—make sure you have all the umbrella holes you ever wanted in the pool drilled and installed prior to plaster. This was a major issue for me, and one I blindly advocated for at the nth minute.

While I’m still uncertain which look you prefer—I encourage you to choose the best shallow/deep color combo you desire. I wish I would’ve gone darker now that I see how ‘green’ our Baja step can look compared to the rest.
Other than the pebble tec, we love the shape and depth profile of our pool. We just wish our PB would finish it, already. <it has water, but barely any equipment at the moment—long story. It should be remedied by this weekend>

BEFORE THEY PLASTER—make sure you have all the umbrella holes you ever wanted in the pool drilled and installed prior to plaster. This was a major issue for me, and one I blindly advocated for at the nth minute.
That is great advice On the umbrella holders!! Our PB said they are coming this week to install all the electrical and pool equipment… then after that all we would have left is the pebble sheen. I don’t know when that will be but hopefully it will be soon. I want the pool a more deeper blue color…. I dont really like any green tints. I like the medium to deep blue colors. I don’t want the public pool theme color 😁.

We started our build in may of this year. May 20th is the exact date we started excavation and so far things have been moving along. We have had some snags here and there where there is no work done because everybody is extremely busy at the moment.

Reactions: teefony

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.