Looking for a way to lower my pool temp

Put 'fountain' in the search box in the upper right of this page. There have been many threads with folks that have built them and use them.

Monitor hour pH when you use one. Aeration is big with one!

Take care.

They make these like 25 dollar screw in plastic flower head aerators for a return. Dropped my temp 4 degrees last night.............and it wasn't exactly cool last night either! I'll take 88 over 92 any day this time of year.

They make these like 25 dollar screw in plastic flower head aerators for a return. Dropped my temp 4 degrees last night.............and it wasn't exactly cool last night either! I'll take 88 over 92 any day this time of year.

Wood, can you expound in this?

Also, what was the temp/clouds or not, when you did this? I have found that if it's cloudy all day and not so hot that night, the temp will drop due anyway. A 4 degree drop is pretty big...sure you didn't you that liquor chiller ???:cheers:

You can do that. You can schedule it or run it as an egg timer that you have to initiate.

Good luck.

Marty that's the problem , I do not want to have to initiate every night. I have a Pentair ET8 and have all my circuits used up. ( spa, blower, cleaner, water feature, spillway, pool light, spa light, and Stenner pump). My pump comes on 4 times per day ( 8a, 3p, 9p,3a) for a total of 6 hours @ 1500rpm each time. I have used up my 12 programmable times with the pump, Stenner, water feature, and spillway. Do you know of a way to set up another automated time for my pump to come on at a higher speed? No I do not have Screen Logic but maybe that is what I need if it will allow me to do it.

Living in what, this year, is very wet northern NJ, I dream of having issues with water that's too warm. We only run the heater on days that we're going to swim, which hasn't been possible for the past couple of days. My pool temperature when I was just out cleaning it was a bracing 74...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Check to see if your Aux is available. It is normally used for solar but if you do not have it you can use that relay.

Otherwise you could combine your pool and spa light. They would both be on when you turn them on.

Good luck.

I have not done it on mine as I have just a few items. But I believe so. Look at your manual.

Take care.

i'm sorry, I just don't get it. Putting a fountain like thing in your pool lowers the temp???

Sure - due to evaporation. Think of a Swamp Cooler -- you run water over reed pads and pull air through it. It cools the air by about 20F if your humidity is under about 20%.

We will find out if it really works or not. Marty I was able to get a extra feature programmed to run my sprayer over night. I will check back with numbers. Right now running at 1500 rpm for 1 hour lowered temp 2 degrees. I am going to run 1 hour at 2500 rpm at night to see what happens. Since sprayer is hooked up to one of my returns it will also come on 3 times daily but in the heat of the day. For $10 on Amazon what do I have to loose. Maybe a pH increase though.

Monitor your CH too, if that is an issue. I have shied away from using coolers like fountains because the extra evaporation will drive my CH even quicker - and it already goes up quick enough!

Take care.

Aeration drives up ph...........not ch, although if not monitored, higher ph levels can cause calcium scaling if that's what you mean.

Aeration equals evaporation here in the desert. Alot. And my CH goes to 1000 in about 14 months without it ----

Take care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.