Looking for a new pool in Toronto Canada for 2021 season - advice needed

All of the pool electrical system should run through the Jandy Aqualink load center. If you don’t do it when the pool is built you will pay for separate electrical wiring that then has to be hacked into the Aqualink. Do it right when the pool is built.

Reactions: johnkim2020
You want the suction lines connected to skimmers cut into the shell? You want the return lines connected to fittings cut into the shell? Do trenches need to be dug for the pipes to be buried? Do the pipes need to be connected to valves at the equipment pad?

What is the full scope of work you have asked for?
Hi,

I'm looking at suction cut and connected and return line all connected and capped ready to use for any water feature.

The return line will be around 50'-60' of of length to the position of a water feature I'm planning.

I'm planning a big water feature and a small one.

Can I use one single 1.5" line, do half of the run, and use manifold split into two ends? Or the split should be at pool equipment?

Last edited:
Just my opinion... I am also handy with electrical & familiar with basic plumbing, and I wouldn't try it. It's not basic, and if you haven't done it before, it could be challenging.

All of the pool electrical system should run through the Jandy Aqualink load center. If you don’t do it when the pool is built you will pay for separate electrical wiring that then has to be hacked into the Aqualink. Do it right when the pool is built.

Thanks. So you guys suggest if I do want automation in the future, I should just bite the bullet and get it over with now than later?

Thanks. So you guys suggest if I do want automation in the future, I should just bite the bullet and get it over with now than later?

Correct.

Hi,

I'm looking at suction cut and connected and return line all connected and capped ready to use for any water feature.

The return line will be around 50'-60' of of length to the position of a water feature I'm planning.

I'm planning a big water feature and a small one.

Can I use one single 1.5" line, do half of the run, and use manifold split into two ends? Or the split should be at pool equipment?

How much water flow do the water features require?

Will you have a separate pump for the water features?

How will you control the water features?

You said you want two suction pipes and two return pipes to the water feature locations?

So you want them to make cuts in the pool shells for two suction lines?

Hi,

I have a new Leisure pool ultimate 35' being installed soon. I got a quote from my pool builder for Cover Star Eclipse automatic pool cover $18000 installed.

Is this reasonable or too high? Does my pool installed have to install the cover or I can get other builders to do it ?

$18,000 CAD or USD? I see prices here in the $10,000 - $12,000 USD range. But Canada is a totally different market so I don;t think it can be compared.

The cover needs to be integrated with your deck and coping if you want the tracks recessed.

There are pool covers that are put on top of a deck that can be installed later. But they don't look as good.

Last edited:
The PB uses an autocover installer. In my area for example, the dealer is Coverstar East Coast. So I don't think you'll have an option of who installs it within a certain brand. Moving to another brand would get you a different installer. Things could be different there though. The price doesn't seem out line given that is CDN presumably. Though cover options (lids specifically) can vary the price significantly.

Correct.

How much water flow do the water features require?

Will you have a separate pump for the water features?

How will you control the water features?

You said you want two suction pipes and two return pipes to the water feature locations?

So you want them to make cuts in the pool shells for two suction lines?
I will have two pumps in total. One main pool pump and one water feature pump.

Control I'm not sure. I will be getting automation so I think there will be some solenoid vavle to shutoff?

On top of what pool normals come, I want to add one more suction and return so supply my water features.

Can I ask him to make a manifold for return and suction at the equipment with shutoff valves at each so I can later play around with what feature I want to do? Is tis something typically doable?

I'm thinking running my own lines for water features and hook it up to the return line at the equipment pad...

The PB uses an autocover installer. In my area for example, the dealer is Coverstar East Coast. So I don't think you'll have an option of who installs it within a certain brand. Moving to another brand would get you a different installer. Things could be different there though. The price doesn't seem out line given that is CDN presumably. Though cover options (lids specifically) can vary the price significantly.
Thanks I see. Which lid option is the most expensive?

$18,000 CAD or USD? I see prices here in the $10,000 - $12,000 USD range. But Canada is a totally different market so I don;t think it can be compared.

The cover needs to be integrated with your deck and coping if you want the tracks recessed.

There are pool covers that are put on top of a deck that can be installed later. But they don't look as good.
18000 USD. It seems like I don't have much option so I have to bite the bullet...

Can I ask him to make a manifold for return and suction at the equipment with shutoff valves at each so I can later play around with what feature I want to do? Is tis something typically doable?

I'm thinking running my own lines for water features and hook it up to the return line at the equipment pad...

Use a diverter valve on each water feature line so you can individually adjust the flow to each water feature.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mine was almost $15K 8 years ago. A stone lid is more expensive than an aluminum lid. And stone lid that fully covers the leading bar is most expensive. Ours does not cover the leading edge bar and I’m fine with that. The stones on a fully covered bar would be very heavy to remove to clean the pit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.