Looking for a cleaner that will do 3 things, choices are driving me crazy.

If you choose based on leaf capacity, I don't think youll gain much if any going with the Active 30. I'm not trying to steer you off of it, but that shouldn't be your decider. IMO. Residential cleaners simply aren't big enough to have the leaf holding capacity that people wish for or might imagine they should. Tons of leaves here at times, and large ones. Most are bigger than a large man's hands, and my M5 will gather a pretty impressive number of them.

Any robot needs help with this however, so if you want them to get all the leaves out it's just impractical if there's a ton in the pool. If you want them too they can, but youll need to be around and babysit and empty when he fills up. I'll get out large portion and leave the rest to him when I have that many.

I can always use my Polaris for leaf duty. It has a pretty big basket. Shame I can't run 2 bots at once. ;)

The split roller allowing 90 degree turns is nice. I am 90% sold on the M500 except for the cord tangling posts and the post regarding breakage of the cord swivel on the M500. My Polaris never tangles.

Just be very careful with online pricing and sales. Call to ensure that the product you might get online comes from a "brick & mortar" shop that is authorized to sell Dolphin cleaners. Maytronics is very explicit about their warranty - they will not honor their warranty on third party internet sales. So, if you find the unit on Amazon or eBay or some such site and its hundreds of dollars less, the person or business selling it may not be an authorized Dolphin dealer. If you do find it online, you can always call Dolphin/Maytronics to find out if it is legitimate.

There actually are a handful of cleaners that Dolphin / Maytronics allows to be sold online with a valid warranty. Here is a page on Dolphin's website that shows which cleaners are OK to purchase online: https://www.maytronicsus.com/dealers-distributors/contentpage/report-internet-sales-violation Not sure what happens if you buy another model not listed, but I think they are pretty strict.

I have the tigershark qc and have been happy with it. It's not perfect, but I'd say it gets a good 90-95%. (But I have a bigger pool)

I was able to get it for $950 w $75 store credit which I used to buy shock (83% cal hypo). (Vendor days , w 3 year warranty)

There were not any nearby "local" dolphin retailers. I live west Houston and would have to go to spring or cypress for repairs. Way too inconvenient.

It too has cartridge filter.

Update. I just ordered an M500 "demo" and my dealer expects it to arrive next week. Thanks for all of the advice. I will post an update after I take it out for a spin.

Having 2 robots is a bit crazy but if the M500 breaks I will have a backup plus the Polaris may be good for leaves in the fall due to a bigger collection container. I hope one cycle will get everything in the pool, unlike the Polaris.

No, 1 year plus my credit card should add a year. I figure that if I can get it for under $900 the savings would pay for a repair.

Confirm with your credit card. I don't believe they will cover refurb units and probably not demo units either.

As for cord tangling, I've never had an issue with cord tangling unless the robot was broken in some way. Typically they will basically move in both directions and while you may want to straighten it after a while, I've only had it twist badly when a motor or something went bad.

I can always use my Polaris for leaf duty. It has a pretty big basket. Shame I can't run 2 bots at once. ;)

The split roller allowing 90 degree turns is nice. I am 90% sold on the M500 except for the cord tangling posts and the post regarding breakage of the cord swivel on the M500. My Polaris never tangles.

I know of one swivel breaking from one member here. It sounds like there were other possible factors involved with that breakage as well. Not only here, but it's the only time I ever heard of it including three friends that have Maytronics units with swivels. Is the tangling less than perfect? Yes, it looks annoying, but it has never hindered my M5 in the least. After three seasons of very hard use, mine has never broken either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.