Looking for a budget friendly simple automation panel that will control my Superflo pump.

mgarf33

Oct 27, 2013
I have a:
1. Pentair Superflo pump with 4 speeds that can be preprogrammed and energized through it’s 5vdc signal
2. Pentair MasterTemp 400HD can be energized with it’s own 24vac signal through dry contacts.
3. Aquarite salt chlorinator 4-wire comm

Im liking the Polaris EOS. It directly controls the Aquarite by 4-wire comm, has 6 low voltage contacts to control all 4 speeds on my Superflo, and a contact for the Master Temp heater. Plus there’s plenty of extra hp relays for later automation.

Thoughts???

I had a Aquarite a few years ago. Sold it on ebay, kept the cell, and rolled the money into a Hayward control panel. The Hayward panel has the transformer and electronics to control the cell (!). Which is nice. It also gives you cell stats like voltage and salt levels. You can also do a 24 hours Super Chlorinate cycle with it. I don't know how good the Polaris is, Hayward is widely used. So that matters.

Couldn't be happier. I also control my heater, jandy valve to the solar panels, landscape lighting, and pool pump.

Thank you for the suggestion. Reading the Aquarite manual, it shows the Polaris as well as other brands that will control the 4 wire salt cell communication.
I was hoping to find a remote controlled panel to control the 4 speeds of the Superflo.
I find it odd that Pentair makes a pseudo comm cable port For the Superflo, but not a remote control panel for it.

Im pretty familiar with controls, so creative wiring is not an issue. It seems pool automation is way overpriced for what they offer. It’s basically in the Stone Age.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.