long summer battling my pool

Hello,
Ok so retested 4.5 hours after the last numbers.
pH=7.6 (just slightly darker than 7.5)
FC=8
CC=1
TC=9
CH-skipped
TA=130
CYA=30
I did the pool calculator and added liquid chlorine at 10%, which is what Home Depot had, brushed the pool again. I am feeling confident finally! The pool is still green but slightly less so. I'l stay the course but do have one additional question at the moment.

Earlier today after refilling the pool, the CH tested 100. I know this is low. How would you suggest I raise it. I do have some 1# shock bags left over from my earlier summer days, following the pool store's poor advice. These bags are 73% calcium hypochlorite. Could I use these? And if so, should I wait until the pool is clear or use sooner?

Thanks again!

You can use the Cal Hypo. Use PoolMath to determine how much CH it adds.

Test the CH again in few days. You do need to get it to 300+ppm soon.

Hey all!
Well I have had a clear pool for a week now! All going well. I'm keeping track of my chemicals every couple of days, so far so good although tonight my CL is low.
Thank l you so much for all the help and quick responses. You all really helped me to take control and know how to manage it! I am still learning to manage it steadily thouogh.
My current CH is 225. It has steadily gone up from 100 about 8 days ago but I have only added Calcium via some left over shock bags I had and a couple of CL tabs in the chlorinator (not sure if they have CA in them actually). I am wanting to use up what I have on hand and had to raise my CYA anyways after refilling the pool thus the reason for using the tabs and shock bags. In the past you told me to get my CH up to 300" fairly quickly. So I am wondering if I can afford to wait another week using shock bags and see where that gets me. Here are my current numbers.
pH= 7.5
FC= .5
CC= .5
TC= 1
CH= 225
TA= 100
CYA= 30

thanks so much!!
Kelly

Reactions: clambert1273
My FC was .5, I added CL and now have been gone a week but back again. I just cleaned the pool and measured and my FC is 1.0 tonight with my CC 0.5. All else is within range except my CH is 225. I am adding CL per pool math and will start to measure the CL daily and will use the liquid chlorine.

Should I add Calcium?

Additionally, I do have some stains in the bottom of the pool now that weren't there before it was green. I think it is from leaves, etc but don't know what to do. I am hoping it is reparable but don't know. I will look to other posts for this.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.