lol - don't listen to those fools online.....we know best....

Field recalibration is often not possible in most SWGs. It’s to keep people from screwing up the units.

If your cell is reporting a salt level lower than the actual level, then the cell either has calcium scale on the plates or the plate coatings are starting to fail.

Field recalibration is often not possible in most SWGs. It’s to keep people from screwing up the units.

If your cell is reporting a salt level lower than the actual level, then the cell either has calcium scale on the plates or the plate coatings are starting to fail.

No issues with scale it was just checked about 5 weeks ago at service interval and only been in use since February, I just thought it was normal for them to read off as it's a average salt reading I think I read and that's why we needed the K-1766, is that not correct?

Salty

I’m not very familiar with Hayward’s but I think you want to make sure the Instant salt reading is close to the K-1766

My Hayward always reported 6 - 800 PPM less than my Taylor drop test from the first day it was installed.

Next season we shall see if a brand new cell results in the same discrepancy.

My Hayward always reported 6 - 800 PPM less than my Taylor drop test from the first day it was installed.

Next season we shall see if a brand new cell results in the same discrepancy.

I guess as long as the cell is happy and we know the true reading via the K-1766 it doesn't really matter although you'd think it would read a little closer than what we're both seeing.

Salty

^ My recollection from last year is that the Hayward manual even says to expect variances in the range of about 400 ppm against tests.

And yeah, I couldn't get the refractometer from our reef aquarium to work right either...the issue is the specific gravity of the lower salinity - you can't use the sg of a reef tank of you'll read way high, eg 5000 ppm. So do get a dedicated pool salt kit or strips for checking and for d
Future diagnostics.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.