Lo-T setting

E,

The wires go to very specific locations.. For now, I would not worry about your relays, as I suspect the ones that are not connected are not used.

The relay wires only have two pins.. The valve wires have three pins and those are the ones you need to make the valves turn. You should have four valve wires.. One for the Intake valve, one for the Return valve, and one for your Slide valve... and one for your Cleaner... Whoever took them off should have marked them somehow.. If not, you will have to do a little troubleshooting..

Assuming they are not marked..

Plug one of the valve into the Intake connection. Switch between the pool and spa and see which valve moves.. You will then know which valve is on the other end of that wire.. Do that one at a time for each of the three valves.. Once you know were each wire goes, you can plug them in.. I would mark them as you do them..

In case you did not know, the Intake valve is in front of the pump.. The Return valve is where the water goes back to the pool or spa. Your Slide valve should be plugged in port A.. And your Cleaner is valve B..

Please let me know if that is not clear..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I got all of the valve wires hooked up in the correct position and labeled. The valves work! My next goal is to locate the main drain pipe. There are four pipes that go to the variable speed pump but none of them appear to be the main drain. One of them is the spa and I believe the three others are skimmer baskets. Wouldn’t the main drain go to the variable speed pump which also goes to the filter?

The main drain could be plumbed into one of your skimmers. See if one has two holes open in the bottom, below the basket. There may be a device covering the two holes that is supposed to control/divert suction between the two holes.

E,

Were the valve wires labeled?

Hard to tell what is what unless you show us a couple of pics of your equipment pad..

I suspect that you only have two skimmers.. If you are using a valve to control your cleaner, then most likely that would be a suction cleaner..

Thanks,

Jim R.

The wires were not labeled. I did label them to make it easier for closing next winter.

I will attach a picture below it might be hard to follow. Basically I have the spa and three Other pipes going into the variable speed pump. I have three skimmer baskets one in the shallow end, one in the deep end and then one on the sun shelf. I believe the sun shelf skimmer also supplies the cleaner and water features. Below that skimmer basket there are two holes one is covered by a plastic movable device. The circles represent valves to the spa what i think are the skimmers. I have turned on each of these valves separately but each time I do not get any drainage from the main drain.0A90138A-D7F7-4F48-B7E8-AF6D1DD04240.jpeg

I filled the pool the last 2 days and turned the pool on this am by taking it out of service mode and opening all the valves. I have a spa that has been open all winter. I think the water is all going to where I’d like it to go but I can’t get the screen logic to highlight the “pool” button when the pump is running and drawing water from the pool. I have attached a picture below. I must be missing something? UPDATE: I think it is in freeze mode and was using the spa. I could tell because the pump rpms were the same as set for freeze mode. I’ll keep an eye on it. 61CDBEFC-098B-4A8D-9E6A-45B3A161BAC7.jpeg

Last edited:
With the help of Jimrahbe I was able to get my valves working by plugging them into the main board on my easy touch 8. I still have several connections on the board that are not plugged in and I am think I will need to get these plugged in to get my features working? ( pool lights, patio lights). I also have a 2nd pump that runs my features and I am trying to figure out how to get it to turn on.
12B89F86-61E6-4757-A541-69D2152AFB56.jpeg03F3CEAB-4399-44F5-92E9-0C2B520084A5.pngDA6CE2EF-5236-4C8A-83F4-A549EA90E59A.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.