Little help with pool coping/border

I have had a pool for a few years now and I am trying to figure out the best way to approach this, so it would help if I knew what the official name of this piece was. I have a cement bottom and fiber glass sided pool. The border along the top 6-8 inches of the pool is very outdated and has been repaired at some point. I want to replace it but I don't know the best method. The coping, which I understand is just the semi circle at the top below the bricks is in good condition, so I only want to address the border. Is it possible to remove this without affecting the coping? Are there any alternatives? I have read about the fiberglass pool tile, but I would definitely need to remove the white border before putting that up. Any help or advice would be really helpful. Thanks!IMG_4830.jpg

The white track looks like a track for some type of cover.

So it's a little hard to explain, but I'll do my best with the understanding I have of this pool. Yes, the bricks are coping. But they sit on top of that bull nose, half circle, which is then clipped or set into the cement of the original pool deck. What I'm trying to find more information on how to replace is the white and blue border that's underneath all of that. Does that help at all?

That is a shame. I think the best bet for replacement would be to see if there are any pool builders in your area. That kind of pool was common way back so you might need to work for the more seasoned builders that have been around a while. I would make sure to talk to as many as you can to see which one seems to know what they are talking about. I don't think this would be a DIY job :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.