Liquid stabilizer

Tenna1970

Feb 12, 2019
Gulf Breeze
Where can I purchase liquid stabilizer? This is the first year My cya is low. Usually it’s high and I’m having to drain and refill. We tried the dry granular type and it’s a pain. I’ve tried dissolving it first but it takes forever and we still have to brush the pool for hours to get it to dissolve. Stopped up the line when we put it in the skimmer. Help’

Do a Google search for "Natural Chemistry Liquid Stabilizer". Leslie's usually has it in stock. It's available through Amazon for a "reasonable" cost. It's much more expensive compared to dry stabilizer.

Did you use the sock method for adding CYA? Stabilizer should not be dumped in the pool or skimmer. Here's how to do it if you want to give it another try:

Solid/granular cyanuric acid (CYA) should be placed in a sock and the sock put in the skimmer basket or suspended in front of a pool return. After adding CYA you should leave the pump running for 24 hours and not backwash/clean the filter for a week. Squeezing the sock periodically will help it to dissolve faster. Test and dose chemicals in your pool assuming the amount of CYA added is in the pool according to Poolmath. CYA can be tested the day after it is fully dissolved from the sock.

Reactions: Tenna1970
Next time I'm going to put the sock in the skimmer basket. it is kind of a pain hanging it in front of the outflow for me the way my agp is situated. Glad i read this!!
Do a Google search for "Natural Chemistry Liquid Stabilizer". Leslie's usually has it in stock. It's available through Amazon for a "reasonable" cost. It's much more expensive compared to dry stabilizer.

Did you use the sock method for adding CYA? Stabilizer should not be dumped in the pool or skimmer. Here's how to do it if you want to give it another try:

Solid/granular cyanuric acid (CYA) should be placed in a sock and the sock put in the skimmer basket or suspended in front of a pool return. After adding CYA you should leave the pump running for 24 hours and not backwash/clean the filter for a week. Squeezing the sock periodically will help it to dissolve faster. Test and dose chemicals in your pool assuming the amount of CYA added is in the pool according to Poolmath. CYA can be tested the day after it is fully dissolved from the sock.

Next time I'm going to put the sock in the skimmer basket. it is kind of a pain hanging it in front of the outflow for me the way my agp is situated. Glad i read this!!
I did that before TFP… Turns out it was a mistake. Some of the undissolved stabilizer got stuck on my cartridge filter and took about 3 days for CYA levels to stabilize. At least I didn’t add more to “speed things up”.

Second time I had to add stabilizer I had the sock on the cleaning pole … not perfect, but works.

I tried the Natural Chemistry stabilizer. Either the jugs I bought were very old, or they had a production issue. Using Pool Math I added enough to raise my CYA from 0 (pool opening) to 70, and it only raised it 10. Bought another jug - same issue. I contacted Natural Chemistry and opened a case, but they never did anything. Nearly $100 thrown away.

I bought dry stabilizer - worked exactly as expected!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.