Paxcou

Feb 10, 2020
NJ (shore)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I still have few gallons of liquid chlorine however anticipated the need, I like to keep a small stock so when I finished 3 gallons I order 3 more and always have 6 gallons at home.
I cannot find anywhere liquid chlorine in home depot Lowe's etc... If I don't find liquid chlorine (which I usually pay around $3 tbe gallon) what should I use to get as close as the liquid chlorine and as cheap as it is ? Thanks !

You can always use trichlor or cal-hypo, but you just have to be aware of what else they add. How are your calcium or CYA levels?

Is there an Ocean State Job Lot store near you? They reportedly carry reasonably priced liquid chlorine.

There was one in Eatontown NJ, but they closed last fall. That was my bleach spot. The next closest is in Edison I believe, which is quite a hike from the shore. I'd call around to any pool stores near you. The one by me has 5 gallon jugs for $20.
The other one told me my liner would disintegrate if i used bleach, so its kind of a Crud shoot.

I wouldnt want to see your CYA increase above 50, so please stay away from Tri-chlor pucks or powder.

You do have some wiggle room in your calcium, so could use Cal-Hypo in a pinch while you find another source for liquid chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.