Liquid chlorine pump.

Stephen882

Jun 8, 2018
empire
Have a 33’ round above ground pool. Going to go ahead and buy a pump for the liquid chlorine( since I done ruined all my shirts and pants from little bleach spots). What brand and pump size would be a good choice. Also what size reservoir would you suggest for the liquid bleach. Last year was my 1st year doing the liquid bleach and I was happy with the results. Thanks for the help.

Have a 33’ round above ground pool. Going to go ahead and buy a pump for the liquid chlorine( since I done ruined all my shirts and pants from little bleach spots). What brand and pump size would be a good choice. Also what size reservoir would you suggest for the liquid bleach. Last year was my 1st year doing the liquid bleach and I was happy with the results. Thanks for the help.

I installed my Stenner Pump last year and LOVE it! Here's what I purchased and I think this would fit your needs too:

45MPHP10 - Stenner Pumps Chemical Feeder

WIFI Timer

ULINE 15 GALLON TANK

Here's my setup:
IMG_1069.JPG

Reactions: jdlangley1
Either would work for your pool. The 85 series is more RPMs than the 45 series which allows more gallons to be pumped per day. The pump tube size that comes with the stenner dictates the amount of chlorine that can be pumped per day. Take a look a this link to see the differences.

Stenner Pump Specs

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here’s how I got it setup. Used the pump for the 1st time today. Have it hooked up to the WiFi timer mentioned above. Is it best to put chlorine in different times of day or all at once. Eventually going to get another timer for pool pump to turn off at night time.

Last edited:
I installed the 45 pump recently and I run mine about 4 hours a day at 2gpd right now. That keeps the chlorine level very consistent throughout the day. As the days get longer I plan to run the pump longer and will also probably need to increase the GPD as the temp rises.

My reservoir is also buried.

I used a 1/4 inch thread tap to thread a hole in the return plumbing for the 1/4 inch stenner injector with check valve. If you do that I recommend practicing on some scrap pvc first.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.