Gold Supporter
Oct 2, 2021
WI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I bought a rolachem rc25 and will mount that outside but do not want to store the liquid chlorine on the patio for a few reasons. Could I store the liquid in the basement and feed it to the pump somehow without causing problems. The pump has an 18 foot suction lift max and the storage location would be within 8-10 feet.

Thanks

Not a bad idea as long as you can easily run the tubing. I would suggest keeping the LC storage drum in one of those plastic washing machine floor tubs to catch any spills or potential leaks. If possible, running the tube though a secondary conduit (plastic/PVC) could prevent tears or accidental breaks in the tube and keep the contents from spilling into a wall space.

The basement is a good storage location because it’s cooler and out of sight.

I bought a rolachem rc25 and will mount that outside but do not want to store the liquid chlorine on the patio for a few reasons. Could I store the liquid in the basement and feed it to the pump somehow without causing problems. The pump has an 18 foot suction lift max and the storage location would be within 8-10 feet.

Thanks
Be sure there is good ventilation in the area you will be storing the container. The fumes from a tub of liquid chlorine can be dangerous for anyone that enters a closed area and very corrosive to whatever else you may have stored in the basement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.