Liquid Chlorine delivery?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question. I saw a similar post on here about Calcium Chloride. I want to support my local pool guys, but there's a quarantine in MA and even once they're allowed to open, they don't take credit cards and so going into the (very small) store and exchanging cash seems like such an unnecessary risk with Covid-19.

Has anyone found an affordable way to have LC delivered? Even when I can find it online, a bottle that sells for $3.99 has a delivery fee of about $26. The best solution I have at the moment is curbside pickup at a store about 35 miles away. Just thought I'd check here to see if anyone's been able to find anything better. I live in western Massachusetts.

Thank you!

C

Have you considered looking for Pool Essentials 10% liquid chlorine at the Walmart on Kings Rd? Do your regular shopping and grab some chlorine in the pool section while you are there? Or check at Home Depot, Lowes, Menards or whatever other big box hardware store local to you?

Wherever you get it, check the date codes so you are getting the freshest possible.

Your local pool stores don't take credit cards? Wow! :eek:

Have you considered looking for Pool Essentials 10% liquid chlorine at the Walmart on Kings Rd? Do your regular shopping and grab some chlorine in the pool section while you are there? Or check at Home Depot, Lowes, Menards or whatever other big box hardware store local to you?

Wherever you get it, check the date codes so you are getting the freshest possible.

Menards is exactly where I get mine. I can buy it by the case there. Lowes stopped carrying pool supplies here. The local Farm and Home store and Walmart carry it as well, but I have been using the brand from Menards for several years now and have had no issues.

Both Home Depot and Lowes show the item as out of stock. Wonder if that could be because people are buying liquid chlorine to use as a disinfectant?

I really don't want to go to Walmart if I don't have to. If it was between that and driving 35 miles for curbside pickup I'd probably drive 35 miles.

Funny it never occurred to me that chlorine could be out of date. How old is too old? I have some bottles left over from last year and I've been using them this year until I can re-stock.

Thank you!

I'm having trouble buying bleach here in NJ. When stores do have bleach, they are limiting sales to one per customer. I understand the rationale, but this is not great for my pool strategy. I've temporarily resorted to using shock and 3" chlorine pucks. First world problems, I know... Stay healthy my friends.

I'm having trouble buying bleach here in NJ. When stores do have bleach, they are limiting sales to one per customer. I understand the rationale, but this is not great for my pool strategy. I've temporarily resorted to using shock and 3" chlorine pucks. First world problems, I know... Stay healthy my friends.

If that is liquid "shock", it is basically bleach at a stronger percentage. Be aware, most laundry style bleach now has additives you don't want in your pool. Look for liquid chlorine or liquid pool shock.

Check at Ocean State Job Lot or another big box store (Walmart, HD, Lowes, Menards,Ace, etc.) for liquid chlorine or liquid pool shock. You will usually find it as 10% or 12.5%.

Reactions: jeffrx
Yeah of course I don't want to, but I have a feeling I'm going to end up doing the same thing.

Funny, thanks to TFP, this year opening the pool was the least hassle it's ever been - CC of 0, a little dash of muriatic acid, then just some leaves to get out and it was ready to go in a day. All except for the 55 degrees part

Stay safe

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.