Liquid Chlorine Cost Increase @ Home Depot

it has to do with one of the plants that make Trichlor burning down. I believe only 3 such plants in the US. So the price of tablets have gone from like $75 to $150 and now over $225. Because of this the price of liquid chlorine has gone up due to more people buying it. Luckily we don't use much Trichlor here at TFP or it would really hurt our pockets. I could deal with $1, $2 $3 more per 4 pack of liquid chlorine.

Quitting manual dosing at the end of this season for good! Home Depot has raised the price of chlorine to $30 per 4 pack. $225/mo in chlorine is too much for me to endure. Will be switching to SWG.
Prices for those have gone up too. It’s a good decision but both are still more expensive. Inflation hurts everything in that way.

Quitting manual dosing at the end of this season for good! Home Depot has raised the price of chlorine to $30 per 4 pack. $225/mo in chlorine is too much for me to endure. Will be switching to SWG.
Yeah, ain't that something!!! My local HD has had a huge pallet I've been buying off at $17.99 for 4 pack. Bought some last week. Checked today and there are 26 boxes still on the pallet per website. But, same box is now $28.99!!!! Once that pallet is gone, like Walmart, I don't expect there will be another, so my only option will be pool store prices. Nothing else around.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Our boxes increased by about $3.00. What used to be $9.98 is now $12.98. :(
I don't know why, but for some reason Texas--at least southeast Texas--the liquid chlorine prices for the last few years or more have been higher than other places. Last year I bought Walmart Pool Essentials 10% for $3.94 for one gallon. Now it's $4.97. I don't use much since switching to SWCG, but I do for emergency increase needs. Pre Covid I could buy 4 gallons of Leslie's 12.5% for $15 (decent price plus I can drive right up to the door.) When the price hit $20 I quit. Last I inquired it was $24. Back to Walmart but only a gallon at a time. Is this Putin again? :)

• Haha
Reactions: KJB1
The price of everything is up. I actually ended up lowering my water to get CYA down to 30 and used Trichlor in conjunction with Liquid Chlorine. As it rained I would lower water and use a little trichlor. Got me all the way to closing. I'm considering getting a SWG but not for the cost since it kind of ends up costing around the same, but more for the convenience of not having to add chlorine daily or having to have someone watch the pool if we are away on vacation ect.

Yeah paid about $18 per 2 pack at the HD here in Vegas, just a few hours ago. And Leslie Pools is a joke when it comes to having HASA in stock. With all useless Crud they stock in their stores, you think they could stock a few more pallets. Worthless pool franchise.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.