Liquid chlorine calculator

I just read through your FAQ, looks like a good summary.

Just wanted to suggest you change the link from poolcalc.com to the new PoolMath. poolcalc has been abandoned by the owners, so we now maintain a copy that we can update.

Also might be nice to link referring to this forum for more information or questions.

Thanks for the suggestion, it will be in the next update. The FAQ started off as a way to get more search engine results, so it is a little verbose and self-serving at the beginning :), but then I decided to go ahead and provide a little bit of useful information.

I'm happy to see the new calculator has 8.25% bleach!

Who updates the calculator now? I would like to recommend a small change to the "Effects of adding chemicals":
PoolCalcRequest.jpg

JasonLion, but I would not want the volume estimated number used. For one, it is a very rough estimate for free form pools and often we have to iterate to come up with a volume. And I would not want to have to remember how to fake the calculation to get the right volume for my pool.

JasonLion, but I would not want the volume estimated number used. For one, it is a very rough estimate for free form pools and often we have to iterate to come up with a volume. And I would not want to have to remember how to fake the calculation to get the right volume for my pool.

I'm not recommending to use the estimated pool volume. I'm recommending to remind the user that the number being used is the number you enter manually at the top of the page.

Can you clean up the expired prices or make it possible to update existing prices. There are two errors in my area in the 85XXX area code. There is an NPS price of $4.88 that's long expired, and someone made a mistake on a second NPS price of 2 X 256 that greatly distorted the price. It should be 2 X 128 @ $4.95 and the price is good until 7/31/15.

Awesome!!!! That is something that will be very useful. I already bookmarked it.
I do have one suggestion - I noticed that you can choose 25 miles from your zip, and the next choice is 100 miles. I would suggest something between, probably 50. Those of us on the fringe of a metro area might not get too many stores for the 25 miles, and who wants to drive 100 miles for chlorine?!?

Thank you both for your feedback!

The site is already getting a major revamp behind the scenes in my free time that will address the pricing age issue and I will also add another distance option to the zip code search. I will also be adding certain companies that have good sales, and over 1,000 store locations under those companies. When a price is updated for that company, it will be reflected on all stores with a notice to verify your store is participating in the sale or even carries the product. Many of these stores will even have phone numbers.

For user-entered prices, I will be hiding the end date and display an age column that shows how many days ago the price was entered.

I may display huge chains like Lowes, HD, Ace, etc., but only sales that most stores participate in will be displayed in a section above the zip search. Ace Memorial Day sale comes to mind, and for some people it's the only time of the year they can get chlorine below $0.20/oz.

I will probably add a map along with the zip code results when searching by Zip after the other changes are completed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.