Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Had this convo today. Any truth to the notion that using liquid chlorine bleach drives an increase in pH?

Attachments

• edited reddit post.jpg
    edited reddit post.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited by a moderator:
The reason most people think liquid chlorine raises the ph is because they switched from acidic tablets which push the ph down. Take out a constant source of acid and watch the ph rise, regardless of liquid chlorine.
I agree. When that happens (removal of the acidic tablets/dichlor), the normal TA/pH relationship is exposed. TA then becomes a huge factor in pH rise. Hence TFP recommended level for TA to be 60-80.

I lowered my TA to 70 when I converted from pucks. I used ZERO acid, after conversion, from July 17 to October 27 last year. 3 months without acid!!!

More reading here:

Reactions: Exlonghorn
I agree. When that happens (removal of the acidic tablets/dichlor), the normal TA/pH relationship is exposed. TA then becomes a huge factor in pH rise. Hence TFP recommended level for TA to be 60-80.

I lowered my TA to 70 when I converted from pucks. I used ZERO acid, after conversion, from July 17 to October 27 last year. 3 months without acid!!!

More reading here:
I’ve been running a TA of 70 for months and I still end up adding muriatic every week or every other week. The SWCG and longer pump run times are probably the reason.

More reading here:
When I say I never have to add muriatic to lower PH in my salt pool, folks scoff. No one believes it’s true.

When I say I never have to add muriatic to lower PH in my salt pool, folks scoff. No one believes it’s true.
Fiberglass pool versus plaster pool are two very different water environments for pH stability or instability.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.