Liner Went, How to brace?

Jul 13, 2015
PA
Liner failed on my 15x30 oval, all water emptied out. Liner is not in the budget until my wife gets off furlough and more income starts flowing back in. The pool otherwise is in really good condition. Is there anything I can do to brace the walls for the winter so I don't end up losing the whole thing? The liner split at the bottom along the edge so it will not hold any water whatsoever. I have some 2x4s and 4x4s, possible to use those on an angle to brace the walls?

You need ALOT of 2x4s to brace it well. You want them a foot down from the coping amd you lay 2x4s horizontally amd then attach lumber across the pool so it's like a spider web. You can zip screw the horizontal into the steel wall if need be. Honestly the cheapest safest way to do this is to get a harbor freight tarp like a 30x60 amd carefully lay it in the pool amd fill with water. A fully empty pool is not 100% safe even with bracing but is better than nothing

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.