Liner replacement/wall repair

All their info I have ever found says acrylic coated aluminum with foam in the middle.
From the metric page 👇
“When it comes to pioneering innovation and superior structural integrity, it is what you don’t see that counts! Radiant Pools are engineered from technology originally developed for the NASA Space Program. Our 2-inch thick insulated wall panels are constructed of a closed-cell expanded polystyrene (EPS) foam core bonded between 2 sheets of durable acrylic-coated aluminum. All polystyrene used is treated with environmentally safe insecticides to prevent any insect infestation, guaranteed. Tested and proven for over 60 years! “

I'll be darned. I thought they were all (as in every single part) resin.

So, since the Auroa Saltwater is the only true all resin pool, I guess that means that there are no all resin pools, but with rigid panel sidewalls like the Radiant.

It also seems to only come in 54". Double darn. I am looking at replacing my 27' x 48" pool in 2-3 years. It's getting to that point. Only problem is I have an existing deck around 30% of it or so. The less digging I need to do to get the new pool to line up with the deck, the better.

Maybe when the time comes they will have more options.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
Maybe when the time comes they will have more options.
Probably. Even just a little a year ago, inyopools build helper forum thingie stated that all resin was everything but the walls, But now we have resin walls too and I suspect everyone else will be jumping on board.

In the end you’ll have 3 choices. All metal, hybrids and fulls.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I would be surprised if that is the only wall you have rusting.

Only once you remove the liner will you know if it is worth putting money into that pool.

Response from the manufacturer states that due to most of the corrosion being in the area of the skimmer and return, it is not covered by the warranty. They are offering me a 20% discount on the $3567 replacement wall... + $250 shipping. I don't know what else to do. :(
So basically they are saying it is rusting due to poor installation. I would bet dollars to donuts that when you pull that liner majority of the inside wall will be rusty, and when you pull the wall out of the bottom rail it will be eaten up with rust too. I would email them back and say that is not the only area that is rusted and provide further photos as proof. I would also go over the warranty with a magnifying glass and see if it says the skimmer and return areas are not covered. That "offer" is ridiculous.

Definitely Give inyopools a call before pulling the trigger on a whole new pool - they may have a replacement wall for less than that or be able to help u source one.
The pool factory also has good prices on new pools. There are several whole pools that size that are less than the quote for just your wall.
Replacing the wall & liner or the entire pool is the only option (aside from no pool at all) as it’s unsafe.

Reactions: afreil
There are rust spots on at least 1/3 of the exterior pool wall. However, because the worst corrosion is at the skimmer and return areas, the warranty states that that negates the warranty. Grrrr.
I've attached their letter responding to my claim.
I'll be sure and take photos when we drain and remove the liner.

Attachments

• Wilbar warranty claim denial1.pdf
    171.4 KB · Views: 9
Looking at it again, the rust around the return and skimmer is clearly from leaks.

However the other pin point rust spots are strange. It's almost like something hit the pool. I see you have rocks around the pool. Has anybody been cutting the grass and shooting rocks at the pool? It's just that those holes all look roughly about the same height.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.