Liner replacement time?

Northrider

Bronze Supporter
Sep 21, 2018
Wausau WI
Our pool is about to turn 11 years old as far as I can tell. This year I can feel a small depression developing that follows along the inside of the wall.
I'm worried that a small critter like a mouse mole etc..has found it's way under the pool and is burrowing along the wall...maybe. . It's been bothering me since I felt it and now thinking it maybe time to pull the liner due to age and to see whats happening under the liner. Anyone replace their own liner? What can we expect to spend on a liner? 30' Vogue AG. I have all winter to ponder this so looking for any info I can find.
Also, I would like to say Thanks to everyone on this site that has been SO helpful. Not 1 trip to the pool store this year...The 3 b's !!! and TF100 makes pool life easy!

lots of folks here have changed their own liners & installed their own above ground pools so it’s definitely doable, just takes patience & planning.
As for price it depends on what quality u get. It can go from a few hundred dollars & beyond.
I have heard good things about the latham liners.
While you have the liner out you should definitely take the opportunity to address any rust on the wall interior as well.
There are lots of threads on above ground pool builds/ liner installs so do a search in the top right for that. Also watch some YouTube videos of the process to get an idea of what is involved.
Let me tag some experienced folks for u that have more insight than I on the subject.
@Casey
@kimkats

Thanks for the reply, as you noted..you tube! Already found some great info and pretty sure we can tackle this DYI! Now for some research on liners. When you mention rust on the inside, this too has me concerned as an older pool, is it common to see rust in and or outside? Just sand and repaint? I can also see the panels on the top have seen better days, sun baked and getting brittle, now starting to worry that its new pool time...Just after we replaced all the plumbing and new pump and new $$$ heater. I was told that the "pool" is the cheap part, everything that is outside the poll is where the $$ is? Thought's?

I will tell you we changed our liner last summer (2019). We noticed some rust on the inside of the wall. We spent a LOT of time with a wire brush and drill with a wire wheel on it trying to get the rust off. We then spent quite a bit of money on rust neutralizer paint.

This past month the wall where two parts meet let go due to major rust :( It was under the deck so we did not see/notice it. Once we untangle the wall we could see where it just "tore" right along where the bolts met.

Our thinking is it rusted there the worse due to the bolt holes and when we put the bolts on we scraped some of the paint off and..........it caused the wall to really rust there :(

In hind sight we should have just replaced the wall. Everything else was in great shape until it got broken and twisted when the wall let go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.