hatch1010

Jul 6, 2022
Charleston, WV
D833D1DC-724B-4120-BDDF-92BBC79A460C.jpeg

Could someone help me with what I need to do to patch this better. This patch is numerous years old and is coming undone. Is there any products I can buy at lowes or Amazon that I can go under and apply the product underwater and add it to the current patch to patch it down better. I’m going to do another patch over this current one, I’m getting the swimline vinyl patch kit Friday. I appreciate any advice I want to try and do it myself instead of paying for someone to do it.

Hi, welcome to TFP! If you can swim down with a pair of scissors trim off the loose edges as close as you can. You are going to patch this in 2 layers. The first layer needs to be about 2" larger in diameter than the current patch with rounded edges. Spread the glue on the patch and fold it over so glue sides are together. Apply patch to hole. Apply pressure to the patch for about 15 seconds to get it to adhere. Cut a second patch 2" larger than the first one and follow the same procedure to apply it over the first patch. If the patch is in the floor of the pool you can wrap a brick in a towel and lay it on top of the patch to help it set, just make sure any excess glue has been wiped away to prevent the towel from sticking.
I've always heard good things about the Boxer adhesives pool patch kits. Not familiar with Swimline.
Here is a link showing the process, except we recommend a 2 layer patch.

Reactions: Casey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.