Liner, Filter, Pump, SWG, Pool Light Estimate

Apr 17, 2018
NAZARETH
Hi everyone....I wanted to post this estimate to see if it was a decent deal, or if there are things I need to change/ask for. Also, if the equipment listed is okay.
I asked for:
1. New vinyl liner replacement
2. New filter
3. SWG
4. Pool Light Replacement
I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20200908_210446.jpg
    20200908_210446.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 30
1 good
2. good, bigger is better and the longer you can go between backwash
3. SWG, Sollax does not get very good scores and you would have to run your pump 24/7 to create enough chlorine...... Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features we recommend 2 to 3 times your pool volume so the SJ 40 or 60 would be a good fit... But.... the new V4 SWG's are doing very good like the edge 40 CircuPool EDGE-40 Salt Chlorine Generator | Discount Salt Pool
4. good

Pump: Get a VSP pump or the new V Green VSP motor and connect to your old pump... you want to run your pump the lowest you can to create chlorine and filter your pool... That 1.5 hp running 24 hours will kill you in your power bill... SO with a VSP pump turned down low and a bigger SWG you may only have to run 8 hours or so :)

1 good
2. good, bigger is better and the longer you can go between backwash
3. SWG, Sollax does not get very good scores and you would have to run your pump 24/7 to create enough chlorine...... Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features we recommend 2 to 3 times your pool volume so the SJ 40 or 60 would be a good fit... But.... the new V4 SWG's are doing very good like the edge 40 CircuPool EDGE-40 Salt Chlorine Generator | Discount Salt Pool
4. good

Pump: Get a VSP pump or the new V Green VSP motor and connect to your old pump... you want to run your pump the lowest you can to create chlorine and filter your pool... That 1.5 hp running 24 hours will kill you in your power bill... SO with a VSP pump turned down low and a bigger SWG you may only have to run 8 hours or so :)

I appreciate that feedback!! I thought the price was a little high at first. I do not want to run my pump and filter 24 hours a day. Bill is already sky high. I'll ask him about a bigger SWG and a VSP pump. So that sand filter and the new pool light look good then too? Thanks again!!

the filter and light he has a 50 dollar markup so that is good... You may want to ask him to get that edge SWG or you get it and have them install it... As for the VSP pump, pentair has the best VSF pumps now but they are spendy... Whatever you do put a surge protector on it as they hate lightning and black outs / electrical events...

Reactions: kcmonarch55
the filter and light he has a 50 dollar markup so that is good... You may want to ask him to get that edge SWG or you get it and have them install it... As for the VSP pump, pentair has the best VSF pumps now but they are spendy... Whatever you do put a surge protector on it as they hate lightning and black outs / electrical events...

Thank you! So I should probably lean towards the edge then? Also, sand filter over a DE or DE cartridge filter?

Thank you! So I should probably lean towards the edge then? Also, sand filter over a DE or DE cartridge filter?
I got the SJ and it has been great for 5 years, the edge should be better...

Filters that is the question.... I went with a cartridge filter as I did not want to lose 100 to 300 gallons of water to backwash each time... A bigger sand filter will backwash less but may be at the 300 gallon level to backwash.... A big cart filter will use 50 gallons or so to clean 4 filters once a year. DE is better than both sand and cart for clarity but because it cleans so much better you may be backwashing it more...

A cart filter is the middle of the road, less water to clean and better filtering than sand but less than DE... I love the Pentair Clean and clear plus 320, 420, 520... I went with the 320 and only clean it once a year, matter of fact it only goes up 1.5 psi in a year on my pool so technically I could go longer than a year :)

I have not used this company but they are close to what I paid..

I got the SJ and it has been great for 5 years, the edge should be better...

Filters that is the question.... I went with a cartridge filter as I did not want to lose 100 to 300 gallons of water to backwash each time... A bigger sand filter will backwash less but may be at the 300 gallon level to backwash.... A big cart filter will use 50 gallons or so to clean 4 filters once a year. DE is better than both sand and cart for clarity but because it cleans so much better you may be backwashing it more...

A cart filter is the middle of the road, less water to clean and better filtering than sand but less than DE... I love the Pentair Clean and clear plus 320, 420, 520... I went with the 320 and only clean it once a year, matter of fact it only goes up 1.5 psi in a year on my pool so technically I could go longer than a year :)

I have not used this company but they are close to what I paid..

I put the email in with your recommendations and help....I appreciate it! I'll update you with his response

Okay so here is the updated estimate (attached) with the Hayward cartridge filter instead of the sand filter and a Hayward VS super pump. They said they do not deal with CircuPool salt generators.....they use Solax.
How does it look? Any advice would be helpful! @cowboycasey

Attachments

• Pool Estimate.PNG
    Pool Estimate.PNG
    262 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.