Liner fading

kwhite

Mar 22, 2018
Youngsville, NC
Has anyone had any issues with their grey liners fading fast? We had a Latham Natural Grey liner installed 11 months ago and it has faded significantly. Top picture is now, bottom is 10 months ago. We use a pool service to manage our water chemistry. (I know, I know, ?‍♀)

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Is the fading only below the water surface?

Some blue dyes (perhaps part of the grey?) are organic and fade very quickly.

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Well, less that a year old ... can you make a warranty claim? Or go after the pool service if the liner company claims water chemistry?

Reactions: Corae

BMK

Bronze Supporter
Mar 29, 2016
SW PA
If the fading was only ABOVE the waterline, you'd have a more solid warranty claim as sun fading should still be warranted in your time frame. Since the fading is only below the waterline, Latham is most likely going to blame poor water chemistry as the culprit. Does the pool service provide you with reports of your water status or what they do when they come?

Last edited:

Love2Fly

Sep 29, 2019
Newnan
Has anyone had any issues with their grey liners fading fast? We had a Latham Natural Grey liner installed 11 months ago and it has faded significantly. Top picture is now, bottom is 10 months ago. We use a pool service to manage our water chemistry. (I know, I know, ?‍♀)
View attachment 106014
What happen after all? We are in the process of pick a liner color and latham natural grey is one of the choices. Thank you for sharing.