Line ID

Looking at the input to the pump, you have three valves.. There is an automated valve that is called the Intake valve and it allows you to select either the pool water or the spa water. In your pic the spa is shut off and the pool is open. The next valve to the right is for one of your skimmers.. it is currently shut off. The next valve to the right is for the main drain and is is open. The pipe to the right I assume is your second skimmer which has no valve...

I am surprised by the layout as it does not really give you the control over the two skimmers and the main drain that you should really have.

I would want to make sure that the labels are correct.. No telling who added them...

I am also "assuming" you have two skimmers, just based upon your question. Do you actually have two skimmers in the pool?

Thanks,

Jim R.

On the top row in your pic is another automated valve, called the "Return valve". It sends water to either the Spa or the pool.. It is currently set (in my mind wrongly) to send 30% of the water to the spa and 70% to the pool. This will cause your spillover to run all the time...

The little pump in the background is a booster pump and along with the main pump powers your pressure side cleaner.. Kind of like using an old black rotary dial phone in the age of cell phones.. :)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Awesome! Yes, two skimmers and the booster does seem to run the automated vacuum.

On the return side, there is a waterfall feature from spa to pool so I guess that is why it is set that way. Is it best to open bit skimmers? I was wondering why one is full and the other is empty. How do you know what is open and what is closed when looking at a valve?

Nowadays do you run your vacuum off of the main pump as opposed to s booster?

I would turn the valve labeled skimmer 180 degrees so the the handle points down and the flat off tab points up.. That will open that valve. I would turn the valve labeled main drain 180 degrees so that the handle points up and the off tab points down.. This will shut off the main drain. This will open both skimmers 100%.

I don't follow you on the skimmers being full or empty.. both skimmers should be full of water, whether the skimmer valve was open or closed.. :scratch:

I was making fun of using water to power your cleaner.. This is 1970's technology. I use a robot cleaner which uses low voltage DC to run the robot, so no pumps have to run. At this point I would just use what you have now as long as it is working.

Jim R.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.