Feb 26, 2022
La Quinta, CA
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
First time posting! I have been trying to review all the previous threads about this problem but missed seeing an exact match.

A few weeks ago my pool guy cleaned and inspected the salt cell per the idiot lights 'inspect cell' 'check salt'. Afterward, warning lights quit, generating light came on, salt was high so I lowered level one foot and refilled, joined TFP, bought a T100 + salt test kit K-1766 and got everything pretty well balanced out. So last week the generating light quit (power light died a while ago but everything else worked so I ignored it.) This unit and salt cell have been flawless since I've had this place since 2013. I have no idea of the age but the pool was built in 2006.
My unit is reading 3000 and the K-1766 reads 2800. My chlorine has been running high (up to 14, in my absence pool guy was adding chlorine) but finally got it down to 5 before the lights went out on the Hayward. Today FC=3 on the OTO test. My Hayward diagnostic numbers in order are: pool temp = 78 then
51P
AL-0
r= 1.58
t-15
Where should I go from here?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.